This frozen banoffee dulce de leche cheesecake is the ultimate banana dessert experience, especially if you adore cheesecake just like I do. Easy, simple, and quick to prepare, this cheesecake is so rich, creamy and delicious! Ideal for any season. Try it:
- 200 grams’ dark chocolate (70%)
- 350 grams’ digestive biscuits
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 500 grams’ light cream cheese
- 8 overripe bananas
- ½ x 450 grams dulce de leche sauce
- A handful of chocolate chips, for garnishing (optional)
- 1 sliced banana, for garnishing (optional)
- Use an olive oil to oil the base of springform cake tin (20 cm), then line with baking paper and oil the paper, as well. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process the biscuits into fine crumbs.
- Next, in a saucepan, over a low heat, melt 200 grams of the chocolate along with butter. Apply in the blender/food processor and blend all over again together with the biscuit crumbs until incorporated.
- Press the mixture evenly into the cake tin. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. Peel the bananas, apply into blender/food processor and blend shortly. Then, fold in the dulce de leche sauce and cream cheese and mix all over again until you get a nice, smooth mixture. Pour over the biscuit base.
- Place in the freezer to firm for at least 6-7 hours (ideally overnight). Remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving time.
- Using a palette knife, loosen the edges of the cheesecake to release from the cake tin. Garnish with chocolate chips or/and banana slices. Slice and serve.