Simple, easy and yummy, this chocolate pineapple olive oil cake is so well moist, flavored and good-looking dessert. It will take you only ten minutes to make it plus around 25 minutes to cook. Ideal for any season, the combination of pineapple and chocolate is so perfect and worth trying. Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounce) crushed pineapple with juice
For the frosting:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 ¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix well to incorporate. Then, stir in pineapple with juice.
- Apply batter into the prepared pan. Bake at the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool entirely on a wire rack.
- In the meantime, using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and thick. Frost the chilled cake. Slice and serve.