This Italian creamy nougat cake is perfect for holidays and birthdays! It is very simple and easy to make, but rich, beautiful and very delicious! The nougat is giving the cake a special touch and taste. Here is the recipe:
For the base:
- 1 ½ cup plain chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 90 grams butter, melted
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
For the filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 250 grams nougat chocolate, melted
- 1 egg yolk
For the topping:
- Dark chocolate ganache – optional
- Chocolate curls – optional
- Chopped hazelnuts – optional
To make the base:
- In a blender, mix chocolate biscuits, butter, and hazelnuts into powder.
- Press evenly into the base of a lightly greased springform pan.
- Place in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes to set. In the meantime, prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and sugar until creamy (around 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Then, melt the nougat chocolate in a small saucepan over a double boiler or in a microwave for 30 sec. Apply in the whipped cream mixture and add the egg yolk. Whisk very shortly just to combine.
- Place over the prepared base and put in the fridge to set (for about 15 minutes).
- To finish, sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts or chocolate curls. Or for more rich look make a dark chocolate ganache and spread over the cake. Slice and serve.