You can create the best French silk dessert with a little help of an angel food cake – easy and simple to make, no-bake, this French silk angel cake is so creamy and delicious! Moreover, you can include your kids in the kitchen to help you and have fun preparing an amazing treat! Tyr it:
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (11 .5 oz.) good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- Using a serrated knife, carefully remove the top the cake. Then, cut the angel cake in half to get 2 cake layers. Wet both layers with milk (1 tablespoon for each). Set aside.
- Now prepare the chocolate mousse.
- In a large heatproof bowl, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup heavy cream to a simmer; remove and pour over the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for 3 minutes then stir until melted, thick and combined.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled (90 minutes).
- Once the ganache is chilled, apply 2 cups to the ganache. Using an electric mixer, beat together cream and chocolate ganache until stiff peaks form.
- Apply 1 cake layer on a serving plate and spreadchocolate mousse all over; sandwich with the second cake layer. Spread the remaining mousse over the entire cake with a spatula or piping bag. Slice and serve.