The best dessert for all chocolate lovers out there! No-bake, quick, easy and extremely delicious, this flourless profound chocolate biscuit pecan cake is a perfect afternoon dessert that does ideally with a cup of tea or coffee. It will take you around 10 minutes to make it plus an hour to set. Here is the recipe:
- 10 oz. (280 grams) unsalted butter
- ¼ pt. (155 ml) Golden Syrup
- 8 oz. (220 grams) dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon muscovado sugar
- 350 grams digestive biscuits, roughly crushed
- 350 grams tea biscuits, roughly crushed
- 100 grams pecans, crushed
- To garnish: Chocolate frosting and/or chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Line a 6″/15 cm round cake pan with a double layer of baking paper.
- In a large saucepan, over a low heat, melt the syrup, butter, chocolate, muscovado sugar, and cocoa. Stir to make sure everything is well combined together.
- Then, remove and apply the crushed biscuits and pecans. Stir well.
- Transfer to prepared pan; press well and smooth on top. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate to set (90 minutes). Before serving, remove from the fridge, roll the cake over a serving plate, and gently remove the baking paper; decorate with chocolate frosting and chopped hazelnuts (if desired); slice and serve.