These delicious mango and lime chili pops are so refreshing seasonal dessert that will take your breath away! A sweet mango with a chili edge is an interesting combination that makes these pops an ideal summery goodness. Try the recipe:
For the topping:
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- For the popsicles:
- 6 very ripe mangoes
- 1 lime, freshly juiced
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ cup agave syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt, and cayenne together. Set aside.
- Take 1 mango and cut into small cubes and place them in a small bow. Then, mix the mango cubes with ½ of the chili mixture. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the remaining mangoes, yogurt, agave syrup, and lime juice. Blend until well incorporated with a nice, smooth consistency. Taste and apply some extra agave if needed.
- In a cup or popsicle mold, apply a spoonful of the diced mango and chili.
- Then, spoon the yogurt mango mixture over the chili mango mixture.
- Apply sticks right away if you own a mold, or apply a popsicle stick in the middle after freezing pops for 60 minutes so the stick will stay centered.
- Put in the freezer for 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Before serving, run the mold under warm water for around 10 seconds before pulling out.
- Serve and enjoy summer days!