This piña colada cheesecake is so rich, creamy and truly delicious! As a fan of pina colada, I strongly recommend trying this fantastically good dessert! The real Piña colada fans can serve it with a nice glass of Piña colada cocktail and enjoy the beautiful weather. The ideas are limitless when you have yummy treat next to you – enjoy! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 1 store-bought or homemade Graham cracker crust
For the filling:
- 165 ml of heavy cream
- 35 ml of coconut milk
- 750 grams’ cream cheese (I used 3 ¼ packages (8 oz./226 grams each) Philadelphia cream cheese)
- 30 grams of coconut powder/desiccated coconut
- 100 grams’ sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- A pinch of salt
- 50 grams pineapple chunks
To decorate (optional):
- Whipped cream
- Coconut flakes
- Pineapple slices
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Line a round cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Apply the crust into the prepared cake pan.
- Press evenly on the bottom of the pan and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or just until you prepare the filling. In the meantime, make the cheesecake filling.
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream and coconut milk; bring to the boiling point then remove.
- Whisk in the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Whisk well to incorporate then pour the filling over the crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove and allow to chill for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Finally, serve the cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream/coconut flakes/pineapple slices (if desired).